From the development of living wills and trusts, to the naming of an executor to carry out your final wishes regarding your assets, we offer expert guidance in estate planning, ensuring that your estate is protected and your family is taken care of.
Agricola Law Is Your Trusted Opelika Estate Planning Firm and Probate Litigation Firm
Although many of us do not like to think about what will happen after we pass, having proper estate plans in place will ensure that your family and loved ones are taken care of moving forward. Many people avoid estate planning and preparation of wills because they are young and in good health. But it is important to keep in mind that estate plans are not a “one and done” type of deal. Good estate plans are created to change and adapt over years, or even decades, as your life goes on and your goals evolve.
Without a proper plan in place, your loved ones can face unwanted taxes and strife. Some estate and will planning services that Agricola Law provides are:
- Funeral arrangements
- Delegating a will executor
- Preparing and adapting a will, or a living will
- Ensuring the proper beneficiaries are set up with IRAs, 401(k)s, and Life Insurance
- Determining proper guardianship for living dependents, whether that be with a next of kin or an unrelated guardian
Agricola Law can also provide legal aid for a person involved in Probate Court matters other than estate and will planning, including the following:
- Adoptions: Adoptions refer to the act of making a non-biological child your legal child. In most states, a child over the age of 14 must consent to the adoption.
- Protective Proceedings: This refers to guardianships or conservatorships designed to protect either a person or property of an individual who cannot effectively take care of their own affairs. This could be because the person does not have the ability to manage their own affairs, or because the person is a minor.
- Involuntary Commitment: This refers to when a person who is at risk of harming themselves or others receives court-ordered treatment for severe mental illness.
Compassionate Estate Planning Lawyers Are Ready To Help
Whatever your reason for obtaining an estate or probate lawyer, Agricola Law is here to help and assist you every step of the way. Our estate attorneys are compassionate, considerate, caring, and knowledgeable about the ins and outs of estate planning. We ensure that after you pass, your estate and assets go where you want them to, and lessen the burden on you and your family in your later years. Contact us today to find out exactly how we can help you.